Imagine a World With Less Pain
Across the nation, we have seen a dramatic increase in use of opioid medications, which can often lead to heroin and other forms of opioid abuse. Opioid addiction has grown over the past fifteen years from a personal issue to a national emergency, affecting communities all over the country across a wide spectrum of social and racial boundaries.
This discussion about opioids will provide on an overview of the issue by reviewing the history of the use and abuse of these medications and the work that is being done to help solve the problem.
- History in the development of opioids
- What has led us to the opioid epidemic
- Current state of affairs — current numbers/metrics
- Current solutions and approaches to controlling the epidemic
- Future state
- Future potential solutions (various stakeholders)/pilots