Compensation professionals routinely gather and sometimes share salary data, putting them at risk for violating Antitrust laws. The egregiously obvious wage-fixing deals that get companies in trouble are well documented. But the less obvious red flags like participating in meetings or gatherings where employment and salary decisions are discussed can also put employers at risk for running afoul of antitrust laws. And now these violations may be prosecuted as criminal instead of civil charges.
This increased scrutiny from the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, under President Trump, means that all HR practitioners need to understand what types of activities and behaviors are potentially illegal. This session will educate participants on the DO’s; Antitrust Guidance for Human Resource Professionals; and provide strategies for avoiding antitrust pitfalls.
Key takeaways from this session include:
• Identify the boundaries established for benchmarking and participating in and/or using compensation surveys that conform with the regulations
• Understand the basics of antitrust law
• Learn the DO’s, position on the ways employers may violate antitrust laws
• Learn the penalties and risks associated with violations
• Identify strategies for conducing HR activities with minimal risk of antitrust violations.
Learn how to avoid antitrust pitfalls in your organization. Watch the session today
Please note: Prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are nonrefundable. Playback and the on-demand recorded session will be available 30 days following the live event, and you can access the session for 90 days. Your 90-day access begins the day of order.