The laws and regulations from Washington DC and, increasingly, states and localities dictate much of what compensation and benefits professionals do every day. Understanding the conversation on employee benefits public policy will help you allocate time and budgets to the issues your organization will need to address.
What’s on the horizon in 2020 when it comes to employee benefits public policy? Expect activity related to judicial challenges to the Affordable Care Act, surprise medical billing, transparency of health care costs, drug prices, defined benefit pension funding stabilization, next generation of defined contribution retirement savings, plus increased state and local activity related to health, retirement and paid leave.
In an era of political and legislative gridlock, staying up to date on employee benefits public policy development and of broader megatrends that will impact every employer, and employee, is critical.
In this session, you'll learn:
- The most important 2020 legislative and regulatory developments.
- The factors that are contributing to more state and local activity in areas that previously were governed exclusively at the federal level.
- Traps for the unwary in terms of potential legal and fiduciary liability.
- Global developments relevant to U.S. employers.
- Megatrends that may influence thinking about benefits strategy.
Originally recorded on March 31, 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note, by registering for this event, you will be agreeing to WorldatWork sharing your registration information with sponsors of this event.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are nonrefundable. Access to the live event is limited to the first 1000 participants, so be sure to log on up to 15 minutes prior to the event start time. The live event includes access to playback. Playback and the on-demand webinar are available two business days following the live event, and you can access them for 90 days. If you order the on-demand webinar after the live event, your 90-day access begins the day of order.
- HRCI credits will only be granted for attending the live webinar event. On-demand webinars do not qualify for HRCI credit. You may receive a certificate of completion for watching an on-demand webinar. Please contact Customer Experience Team at 877-951-9191 (United States and Canada) or +1 480-951-9191 (Outside US) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this certificate. You'll receive it in two to four weeks via email.
Get the latest news and insights in our weekly e-newsletter — featuring our most up-to-date Workspan Daily articles — delivered straight to your inbox from WorldatWork's experienced publications team.