Categories of Personal Information We Collect.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from this Site or in your Member and/or Consumer application forms:
- A. Identifiers: Name, nickname, postal address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, unique personal identifier, online Member and/or Consumer identifier number, Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), device ID, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- B. Customer Records: Bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, state identification number, health insurance number, insurance policy number, and any other financial information.
- C. Protected Classifications: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law consisting of age, race, national origin, citizenship, gender, veteran, or military status.
- D. Commercial Information: Commercial information consisting of records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- E. Biometric Information. Behavioral, or activity patterns used to extract other identifier or identifying information, including your handwriting and your signature if you submit orders in paper form or sign the Member and/or Consumer Enrollment Form.
- F. Internet Activity. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a Consumer's interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- G. Geolocation Data. Approximate geolocation data.
- H. Sensory Data. Electronic, visual, or similar information.
- I. Employment Information. Professional or employment-related information.
- J. Education Information. Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- K. Inferences. Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a Consumer reflecting the Consumer's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
This Policy does not apply to any data that is publicly available.
We collect each the above Personal Information from each the following categories of sources:
SOURCE 1: We Collect Personal Information Directly from You and/or Your Household.
We collect Personal Information that you provide directly to us. Personal Information is required to use certain Site features, for example, to create online accounts, purchase products or services, contact us via email, phone, or our Contact Us form (where we may retain your message's content and our response), submit job application materials, receive or request data from us (e.g., catalogs and newsletters), correspond with your Member and/or Consumer information, and respond to communications from us (e.g., surveys and promotional offers). Order & Payment Data. To make purchases, you must submit your name, credit or debit card type, number, expiration date, security code, and billing address. All credit and debit card data is provided directly to one of our PCI-compliant payment processors. Please review their privacy policies listed below:
We do not directly access, handle, or store your credit or debit card data. We may keep a record of your purchases. We store your payment card's last four digits to facilitate future orders. We collect tax identification numbers you submit for tax-exempt purposes. Although we do not collect your financial information, we may collect related Personal Information, such as your name and contact information, to facilitate the applicable transaction. We use this data to send you promotional and other electronic and hardcopy communications. You will automatically receive marketing communications from us when you open an account. We use providers to deliver communications to you. You may opt-out of such emails by using the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting WorldatWork’s Customer Experience team, 877-951-9191 (United States or Canada) or + 480-951-9191 (other countries), with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. To opt-out of other communications (e.g., postal marketing and telemarketing), please contact us as set forth below. If you are a Member and/or Consumer with us, you may also change your marketing email settings within your account. Opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of communications about your account or transactions. Feedback. When you provide comments or feedback about our Site, the content on the Site, or our products or services ("Feedback"), we will not treat that Feedback as confidential, and we may use that Feedback for any purpose in our sole discretion so long as it does not personally identify you. Feedback will be used without attribution or compensation to you. Applying to Work with Company. To submit application materials online to work with WorldatWork as an employee, we will collect that information to process your request. Sweepstakes & Contests. We may offer sweepstakes or contests. To participate you must submit certain data, which may include your name, email, organization name and type, phone number, physical address, passport number, Tax ID or Social Security Number (for prizes over $600.00) and other Personal Information. Data collected via sweepstakes and contests will be (i) used to contact you with promotional and related communications, (ii) shared with vendors, and (iii) subject to additional terms provided to you at such time. Live Chat Conversations.
We also collect Personal Information provided when you register for services or products. When you provide Personal Information about you on WorldatWork Websites to register for a service, buy a product, or take advantage of a promotion, WorldatWork will share such Personal Information as necessary to the complete the transaction requested by you. WorldatWork also reserves the right to sell or otherwise provide to selected third parties, mailing/information lists derived from such registrations. These third parties may contact you directly regarding their products and services.
SOURCE 2: We Collect Personal Information Automatically
We automatically collect certain information from you when you access and use our Site. For example, we may collect information such as the websites you visit before or after you visit the Site, pages you click-on on the Site, IP address, general location information, search requests, browser type, operating system, data and time you visit the Site, the amount of time spent on the Site, and the device you use to access the Site.
Account Activity. We may collect data about how you use (i) your online account, and (ii) the Site when you are logged into your account. We may combine data automatically collected from you with other Personal Information about you.
- make our Site function properly;
- provide personalized experiences;
- tailor our interactions with you;
- help with our marketing efforts;
- provide us with valuable data and statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Site and to help us improve our Site;
- help us improve our services;
- secure log-in services.
SOURCE 3: We Receive Information Collected on our Behalf by our Service Providers.
WorldatWork maintains a network of Member and/or Consumers that are engaged by WorldatWork as independent contractors to help market our products and serve as a customer service resource for our products. Member and/or Consumers are subject to contracts with WorldatWork that restrict their use of the Personal Information they collect on our behalf.
SOURCE 4: We Collect Personal Information from Other Sources.
We collect and receive Personal Information from other sources such as.
- Social media
- Tax ID verification services
- Credit card processing services
- Fraud prevention services
- Survey and sentiment services
- Other services to whom you have directly provided Personal Information
Information Collected in Connection with Certification and Recertification
If you register for certification or recertification services, or for any other WorldatWork credential or certificate, WorldatWork uses any Personal Information you may provide doing so in the same manner as we do when you register for other WorldatWork products and services. Without limitation of the foregoing, WorldatWork (and/or WorldatWork's certification or credential-related vendors) may use and disclose Personal Information, certification exam performance information, and/or assessment information related to any other WorldatWork credential or certificate in connection with (the following is a non-exclusive list of examples):
- Listing all individuals who have achieved a WorldatWork certification in the WorldatWork Online Certified Directory
- Sending notifications/reminders on the status of certification or other credential or certificate, information on professional development and recertification opportunities, and other news and communications of interest to the certified community or those holding any other WorldatWork credential or certificate
- The scheduling and administration of exams
- The preparation, review, updating, validation, accreditation and/or administration of the exams and exam preparation materials
- Publishing information regarding a candidate/certificant/credential-holder/certificate-holder against whom disciplinary action has been taken and the reason for that action.
Examples of how WorldatWork will not share a candidate's/certificant's/credential-holder/certificate-holder's Personal Information, certification exam performance information, or assessment information related to any other WorldatWork credential or certificate are as follows:
- WorldatWork will not share the names of candidates who do not pass the exam with the general public.
- WorldatWork will not share information about an examinee's performance on individual exam items with any person or entity.
- WorldatWork will not disclose any Personal Information related to requests for reasonable accommodation under the ADA, or under similar Non-US requirements, other than as reasonably necessary to review and/or provide that accommodation.
WorldatWork may disclose the above information as reasonably necessary in relation to the administration of the exam and exam program (e.g. to communicate ADA accommodations to our exam testing centers as necessary); to comply with the law, regulation, pursuant to court order or other legal process; in connection with the preparation, review, updating, validation, accreditation and/or administration of the exam or exam preparation materials; or to protect the rights, property or safety of WorldatWork, our Members, certificants or others.
We may use Personal Information that we collect or otherwise receive for the following business purposes: As Stated or Agreed to at the Point of Collection. We may use Personal Information for the purposes stated or agreed-to (or as is obvious) at the point of collection. For example, we use Personal Information to respond to your questions, comments, or complaints. We may also use Personal Information as requested or consented to by you. Customer Support. We may share your Personal Information, and in particular ordering and product purchase information, with a WorldatWork Member and/or Consumer, retained by WorldatWork as an independent contractor to help ensure you are pleased with the products you purchase from WorldatWork. If you do not have a preferred Member and/or Consumer, you have the option to have one assigned to you at the time you place your order. Your Personal Information may also be shared with that Member and/or Consumer's support and service network. All WorldatWork Member and/or Consumers, as Service Providers to WorldatWork, are required to use your Personal Information only for the purposes of providing us Services and may not sell it or share it for any other purpose. WorldatWork Member and/or Consumers are also required to use commercially reasonable data security measures to help protect your Personal Information. Administration. We use Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as managing your accounts, facilitating transactions, to inform our business strategies, to understand the Site' demographics and user preferences, for evaluating applications, and managing profiles. Site Management. We use Personal Information for Site management, such as troubleshooting problems, improving the content and functionality of the Site, statistical and other analyses of the Site, and to customize the Site to you and our users. Advertising. We may use Personal Information to send you promotions or to perform targeted advertising, to notify you of new services, products or programs, to notify you of new features of our Site, to notify you of changes to our Terms or this Policy, and for other similar communications. Security. We may use your Personal Information for validation with fraud detection/ prevention services. We may also use your Personal Information for security auditing and review purposes. Under CCPA and other data privacy laws, your IP address may be considered Personal Information. IP addresses are critical in identifying legitimate Consumers from malicious attackers. To Protect Our Rights. We may use Personal Information to protect our legal rights or interests, or those of third parties, including to bring a legal action against you or anyone who may be causing harm to us, our Site, or to other users of the Site.
WorldatWork may collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process de-identified and aggregated information that it receives or creates for any purposes in its sole discretion, in compliance with applicable laws. WorldatWork is the sole and exclusive owner of such de-identified and aggregated information, including if WorldatWork de-identifies Personal Information so that it no longer is capable of identifying an individual.
The Site is not directed at children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share Personal Information from children under 18. If a parent or legal guardian learns that their child provided us with Personal Information without his or her consent, please contact us and we will make commercially reasonable attempts to delete such Personal Information.
Subject to certain limitations such as (a) exceptions permitted by applicable law and (b) verification of your identity, Consumers may exercise the following rights with regard to Personal Information. The below rights to access and deletion are intended only for Consumers and Member and/or Consumers in their capacity as Consumers. If you are an Member and/or Consumer and have questions about the Personal Information that WorldatWork has with respect to your role as an Member and/or Consumer, please visit your Member and/or Consumer Agreement and the Member and/or Consumer Policies and Procedures. Right to Access. Consumers have a right to receive the following information: (a) the categories of Personal Information we collected from you in the last 12 months, (b) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected, (c) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information, and (d) the categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information. You may also request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected from you, however, we are prohibited by law from sending you certain sensitive pieces of information due to security concerns. Consumers also have a right to access a list of categories of Personal Information we sold or disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months. Right to Deletion. Consumers have a right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you. We will comply with such request and direct any service providers to delete the Personal Information unless we are permitted to keep such Personal Information under applicable law. When we delete any information, we may either erase it, deidentify it, or otherwise render it anonymous, subject to certain exceptions permitted by applicable law.
How to Exercise Your Rights to Access and Deletion
To exercise the Consumer rights described in this Policy, please submit your request to us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may only make a request to exercise your rights on behalf of yourself. A parent or legal guardian may make a request on behalf of their child. You may also authorize an agent to exercise your rights on your behalf, provided you authorize such agent in writing via a power of attorney under applicable Probate Codes or other written document. In order to verify a Consumer request, you must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information and you must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
If you no longer have access to the email account used with your WorldatWork account, please contact WorldatWork’s Customer Experience team, 877-951-9191 (United States or Canada) or + 480-951-9191 (other countries), email@example.com or write WorldatWork at, PO Box 12847 Scottsdale AZ, 85267. We will try to respond to your request within 45 days. If we require additional time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. We have no obligation to provide you information that we are authorized to withhold or restricted from sharing with you under applicable law. We may charge a fee to process or respond to your request only if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable laws. This includes not (a) denying you goods or services, (b) charging you different prices, (c) providing you a different level or quality of good or services, or (d) suggesting that we will do (b) or (c), because you exercised your rights. If we choose to offer a financial incentives program in the future, additional terms will apply which may be an exception to this Section.
Shine the Light
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed, by contacting us per the "Contact Us" Section below.
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure Personal Information against loss, misuse, and alteration appropriate to the type of Personal Information processed. If a breach of your Personal Information occurs, we will notify you of the breach if required under applicable law. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you access the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. Certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of Personal Information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the in other jurisdictions.
What is the opt-out policy for WorldatWork Websites or Registration for a Sponsored Event or Webinar
WorldatWork provides Members and customers with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. If you no longer wish to receive specific communications or services, you have the following options:
- You can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can call WorldatWork’s Customer Experience team, 877-951-9191 (United States or Canada) or + 480-951-9191 (other countries)