While working from home has been a common practice for many years, true remote work arrangements have increased in popularity over the past few years as employees demand greater flexibility. For businesses open to and well suited for this type of arrangement, there can be benefits for employers and employees.
In recent years, many employers have expanded remote work options to help recruit and retain talent in a tough hiring market, but without proper planning, these arrangements may put both the employer and employee at risk of compliance issues and increased costs. This becomes even more challenging when employees work in a different state or even country than the employer is located.
How does remote work impact compensation decisions? Do benefit plans need to be adjusted? What are the tax and legal implications? How do existing mobility policies need to be refined to account for new ways of working and changing business needs? How can employers effectively track employee movement for reporting and compliance purposes? In this webinar, we’ll address these questions and more as we discuss considerations to develop an effective remote work strategy.
During this webinar, attendees will learn:
- How to differentiate between work from home and remote work and establish appropriate policies for each.
- Impacts of remote work on compensation and benefit decisions.
- Tax and legal implications of remote work arrangements.
- The role of technology in employee tracking and reporting.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note, by registering for this event, you will be agreeing to WorldatWork sharing your registration information with sponsors of this event.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are nonrefundable. Access to the live event is limited to the first 1000 participants, so be sure to log on up to 15 minutes prior to the event start time. The live event includes access to playback. Playback and the on-demand webinar are available two business days following the live event, and you can access them for 90 days. If you order the on-demand webinar after the live event, your 90-day access begins the day of order.
- HRCI credits will only be granted for attending the live webinar event. On-demand webinars do not qualify for HRCI credit. You may receive a certificate of completion for watching an on-demand webinar. Please contact Customer Experience Team at 877-951-9191 (United States and Canada) or +1 480-951-9191 (Outside US) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this certificate. You'll receive it in two to four weeks via email.