Student debt is rising at a dramatic pace: in 2016, the average graduate had $37,172 in student loan debt. The stress connected to alleviating this debt is felt by employees across all age groups, from Generation Z and Millennials to those pursuing graduate degrees, to parents paying for their children’s education.
This, in turn, has damaging repercussions on organizations, including reduced employee productivity (e.g.: $7,000 in lost value per employee each year) as well as turnover rates above 40%.
Participants will learn more about the surprising prevalence of student debt among today’s workforce, as well as how companies are choosing to address this growing concern. They will get the opportunity to explore the benefits and challenges of integrating student debt assistance into employee benefits packages, and how to gain buy-in from company executives.
- Awareness of the national student debt crisis as one of the primary challenges affecting today’s workforce.
- Understanding of how this crisis is draining resources amongst U.S. organizations in the form of diminished employee productivity and high turnover costs.
- Perspective on how current financial benefits such as e.g. 401(k) programs are failing to alleviate this issue and have, as a result, become less impactful.
- Knowledge of the ways in which the American market has started to address employee student debt.
- Learnings on how an organization can begin to improve employee financial wellness.
Originally recorded on March 14, 2018.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note, by registering for this event, you will be agreeing to WorldatWork sharing your registration information with sponsors of this event.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are nonrefundable. Access to the live event is limited to the first 1000 participants, so be sure to log on up to 15 minutes prior to the event start time. The live event includes access to playback. Playback and the on-demand webinar are available two business days following the live event, and you can access them for 90 days. If you order the on-demand webinar after the live event, your 90-day access begins the day of order.
- HRCI credits will only be granted for attending the live webinar event. On-demand webinars do not qualify for HRCI credit. You may receive a certificate of completion for watching an on-demand webinar. Please contact Customer Experience Team at 877-951-9191 (United States and Canada) or +1 480-951-9191 (Outside US) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this certificate. You'll receive it in two to four weeks via email.
Get the latest news and insights in our weekly e-newsletter — featuring our most up-to-date Workspan Daily articles — delivered straight to your inbox from WorldatWork's experienced publications team.