Compensation professionals routinely gather and sometimes share salary data, putting them at risk for violating U.S. antitrust laws. The egregiously obvious wage-fixing deals that get companies in trouble are well documented. But the less obvious red flags like participating in meetings or gatherings where employment and salary decisions are discussed can also put employers at risk for running afoul of antitrust laws. And now these violations may be prosecuted as criminal instead of civil charges.
HR practitioners need to understand what types of activities and behaviors are potentially illegal. This session will educate participants on the DO’s; Antitrust Guidance for Human Resource Professionals; and provide strategies for avoiding antitrust pitfalls.
Key takeaways from this session include:
- Identify the boundaries established for benchmarking and participating in and/or using compensation surveys that conform with the regulations.
- Understand the basics of antitrust law.
- Learn the DO’s, position on the ways employers may violate antitrust laws.
- Learn the penalties and risks associated with violations.
- Identify strategies for conducing HR activities with minimal risk of antitrust violations.
Learn how to avoid antitrust pitfalls in your organization. Watch the session today.
Originally recorded on June 18, 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note, by registering for this event, you will be agreeing to WorldatWork sharing your registration information with sponsors of this event.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are nonrefundable. Access to the live event is limited to the first 1000 participants, so be sure to log on up to 15 minutes prior to the event start time. The live event includes access to playback. Playback and the on-demand webinar are available two business days following the live event, and you can access them for 90 days. If you order the on-demand webinar after the live event, your 90-day access begins the day of order.
- HRCI credits will only be granted for attending the live webinar event. On-demand webinars do not qualify for HRCI credit. You may receive a certificate of completion for watching an on-demand webinar. Please contact Customer Experience Team at 877-951-9191 (United States and Canada) or +1 480-951-9191 (Outside US) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this certificate. You'll receive it in two to four weeks via email.
Get the latest news and insights in our weekly e-newsletter — featuring our most up-to-date Workspan Daily articles — delivered straight to your inbox from WorldatWork's experienced publications team.